#LoveHACK: Here's how NOT to screw up that first KISS!


When it comes to make-or-break moments, a “first kiss” is about as big as it gets. If you nail it, you’ve opened the door to bigger and better nailing opportunities. If you screw it up, the last thing you’ll be is screwed. While overthinking it is never a good thing, it’s not a bad idea to at least consider certain steps that can turn things to your favor.

1 Make Sure You’re Welcome – Few things are more embarrassing than going in for that kiss and finding out the hard way that it’s not welcome. Asking first is a smooth move that shows respect. Otherwise, you’d better be sure.

2 Breath – Get your breath game in gear. Have some mints on-hand…just in case. That goes double if you’re a smoker or just dug into some onions.

3 Scene – Consider your surroundings. Making sure the mood and surroundings are right is a solid play. A nice park is far more romantic than the back seat of an Uber or a loud and crowded street corner.

4 Smell – Make sure you smell inviting, too. Don’t overdo your manly scent game, but also don’t wreak of B.O. after a long and sweaty summer walk.

5 Position – If you’re a yard away, and decide to swoop in for the kill, you might take her by surprise, and not in a good way. Face-to-face and close by is the best way to go…and the best way to make sure you’ve got the go-ahead.

6 Smooth – Follow the 90/10 rule. Go in 90% for the introduction and let her meet you the other 10%. This is more of a guideline than a rule, and there’s plenty of room for improvisation.

7 Hands – Keeping your hands at your sides is awkward, at best. Just don’t go full-on groping.

8 Tongue – Too much tongue is a major turn-off for most women. Go straight lip-to-lip to start, then follow the flow of the action before trying to lick her tonsils.

9 Timing – That first kiss shouldn’t go on for an eternity. Keep it short, sweet and meaningful…so you can build the anticipation for that eventual prolonged make out session.

10 Follow-Up – Whatever you say afterwards is going to be remembered. So, try not to over-cheese it, but don’t put too much pressure on it, either. Something like, “That was nice…we should do that again sometime” is pretty safe. Whatever you choose, make it something that’ll keep the mood alive.

HT: AskMEN