CBS All Access is getting a makeover! The streaming service is rebranding itself to Paramount+ by early 20201. According to President and CEO of ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish,
"Paramount is an iconic and storied brand beloved by consumers all over the world, and it is synonymous with quality, integrity and world-class storytelling. With Paramount+, we’re excited to establish one global streaming brand in the broad-pay segment that will draw on the sheer breadth and depth of the ViacomCBS portfolio to offer an extraordinary collection of content for everyone to enjoy.”
Along with the rebranding news, there will also be five new original series.
- “The Offer,”a scripted limited event series “based on Oscar-winning producer Al Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-revealed experiences of making ‘The Godfather,’”
- “Lioness,”a spy drama about “a young Marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within,”
- A reboot of MTV’s “Behind the Music,”which will “unlock MTV’s vault from the past 40 years for a unique and intimate look at the 40 biggest artists of all time, through their voices and their eyes,”
- A true crime docuseries called “The Real Criminal Minds,”based on CBS' hit drama, and
- A revival of BET’s “The Game."
The five new shows will join the already announced upcoming projects, “Kamp Koral,” a children’s spinoff of “SpongeBob SquarePants,” and “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.” Paramount+ plans to have more than 30,000 episodes and movies in its library by the time of the launch.
Do you plan on buying Paramount+?
Photo Credit: Getty Images